There are so many inbuilt services and executable files present in the Windows operating system. As we are all aware that Windows is an operating system made by Microsoft. Sometimes, these types of files cause some system errors, and we all have to be aware that the running windows files contain some kind of malware or virus. You may have come across a program called appvshnotify.exe running in your task manager in your PC running windows 7,8, or 10.
What is AppVShNotify?
AppVShNotify.exe is an executable file that has been created by Microsoft. This file is used in Windows 7,8, and 10 as well.
AppVShNotify is known as the Microsoft Application Virtualization Client Shell Notifier file. This file service runs in the background. So the naive users won’t realize the effects and usefulness of this EXE file. Microsoft makes the file, so it’s not a virus. But sometimes, hackers do make these kinds of data files that have similar names to confuse users. You can see the file located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office or C:\Windows\System32. This service only executes itself when you open any software related to Microsoft.
Is AppVShNotify Safe Or Virus?
These files can endanger your system and your present personal data, so it’s good to have a backup of your files and system on other storage devices. If anything happens with the storage, so that you don’t miss out on your precious documents because of some virus, let me talk about how easy to examine if you feel the AppVShNotify is a virus running in your system or just a file that has been created by Microsoft.
You can determine if the AppVShNotify.exe is genuine or not by checking the File location, Size of the file, or Checking digital certificate. Here are some things you can do :
- Check if the AppVShNotify is saved in the mentioned path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft shared\ Click to run.
- If that service file is not present in the above path, that means it’s AppVShNotify virus that causing problems in your system.
- The file size can be between 0.22 MB to 0.29 MB; if the file is larger than this size, that means its probable virus in your system, and you have to scan your system as soon as possible.
- Digital Signature proves that the file is trustable and genuine and causing no harm to your computer.
- Go into the program’s properties and click on Digital Signatures from different tabs open on the top area of the dialogue box.
- Then click on View Certificate to get the details about the license.
Should You Disable AppVShNotify?
There is no harm to delete AppVShNotify.exe from your windows system. If it is causing errors in your system and you want to permanently delete or disable the system you can easily follow the following methods:
1. Uninstall Using Application Manager
First, You have to login as an administrator to take full control of your system; otherwise, Windows won’t allow it to delete your desired application. After logging through your Administrator account, follow below steps to uninstall AppVShNotify.exe from the system:
- Press Windows Key And R Key to launch the run program or click on the start menu and type “Run” and hit enter.
- After opening the Run application, type “appwiz.cpl” and hit enter.
- Search for Microsoft Application Virtualization in the dialogue box, and after finding right click on that and select the Uninstall option.
- Restart your system to make changes, and you will find yourself free from the run time errors.
2. Uninstall Using Registry Editor
You can also uninstall this service with the windows registry editor’s help, and that can make your work very easy just following few simple steps:
- Press Windows Key + R Key to launch the run program or click on the start menu and type “Run” and hit enter
- After opening the Run application, type “Regedit” and hit enter.
- This will open the registry editor and now search for the following item: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and search for AppVShNotify.
- Delete that AppVShNotify service to get rid of all the problems.
- Restart your system to take all the changes.
How to Scan System For Remaining Viruses?
You can do a full system scan to check whether your problem is solved or not, Follow below steps to do a system scan using command prompt:
- Click on the start menu and type CMD.
- This will give you the search results, then right-click on CMD option and choose Run As Administrator.
- Type this command into CMD sfc/scannow and hit enter.
- It’ll take some time to scan the whole system for viruses and malware.
- After completion of that process, Restart your computer.
We hope you got the whole idea of the appvshnotify.exe program and if is it safe to keep it in your Windows computer. By now you should have realized that it is not a virus. If you have any doubts, feel free to comment below.