What is Wsappx?
Wsappx is a windows service that is created by Microsoft since Windows 8. If you remember back then, Windows 8 is the OS that came up with the idea of Apps that were continued in Windows 8.1 and 10. These apps can be downloaded from the Windows App Store. Somehow, the Wsappx process is interconnected to this Windows store functionality. It helps users to install, update, and delete applications. Sometimes, error may come that Wsappx taking high CPU usage in Windows 10. We are going to give you all the information and tell you exactly how you can fix that.
There are also sub-processes available under Wsappx service:
- AppX Deployment Service (AppXSVC)
- Client License Service (ClipSCV)
AppX Deployment Service (AppXSVC)
As the name suggests, the Appx deployment service interacts with apps and apps packages to deploy without failing. It also helps users to install, update, and delete these apps when the user wants. Appxsvc is responsible for updating apps in the background too.
Client License Service (ClipSCV)
Client License Service is the process that gives infrastructure support to all windows applications. ClipSCV is not part of the Windows 8 as well as Windows 8.1. It is introduced in Windows 10 for a particular reason.
Client License Service started on the demand, where the disabled windows applications did not behave correctly.
Here’s how you can fix kmode exception not handled in Windows.
Why is Wsappx taking high CPU usage in windows 10?
As I mentioned before, when you open the Windows store, the Wsappx process will automatically start. You can not close or kill it. Windows 10 doesn’t allow users to mend these types of things because it gives functionality to windows and windows apps to perform specific tasks correctly. There are numerous reasons for this high CPU usage, but the central part is when Wsappx takes more part of CPU, disk, or memory. Users don’t have much power to open other applications and get there work done in time because Wsappx is using the resources. This becomes highly frustrating for productive users, so you have to check some components and settings to fix this problem in your system.
There are no proper fixes to this high usage windows 10 problem as of now, but there are some settings that you can tweak and try if it helps you out or not.
How to fix high CPU usage in Windows 8/8.1/10?
Check For Viruses In The Windows System
If you haven’t checked the system for malware and viruses, it’s time you do that to fix this error. You never know viruses can also cause these types of problems in your system. You can use Windows’s antivirus software or download third-party software to perform a system scan.
Do A Disk Check On your PC/ Laptop
This disk check can take some time, so do it when you have extra time, or can reschedule afterward. Follow the below steps:
- Press Windows Key and X at the same time on your keyboard, and then you will see a box in the left corner (usually). Click on the option Command Prompt (Admin).
- The dialogue box will open choose the option, yes, to start the command prompt service.
- The other dialogue box will open type this command to perform a disk check: “chkdsk.exe /f /r”.
- After typing this press Enter, and it will ask you to confirm it if you want to do the disk check or not, type Y and hit enter.
Update Device Drivers to fix high disk usage
Some outdated device drivers can also be responsible for high disk usage windows 10. It’s time to update all the drivers so your system can work flawlessly. You can update drivers manually, or you can download third-party software that will help you update all the drivers in one click.
Disable Windows Store (Group Policy Editor)
As a last resort, you can disable windows store to stop the problem of high CPU usage in windows 10, follow these steps:
- Start Run program or Press Windows key and R at the same time, then a dialog box will open.
- Type gpedit.msc and press enter that will open the policy editor.
- Open this path: Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Store.
- Click on the “Turn off the Store application” option and select Edit.
- The dialogue box will open, in that Select Enable click Apply and OK to save.
- Restart your computer and see if the issue is solved or not.
Disable Windows Store (Registry Editor):
Follow the steps:
- Click on the start menu and type Regedit in the search box and hit enter to open the registry editor.
- Open this path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsStore.
- Click on WindowsStore, and you will see an empty area on the right side. Right-click on that empty area and select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Type “RemoveWindowsStore” and hit enter
- Double- click on that registry and type 1 under the value data and hit enter.
- Restart your computer to see if the problem is solved or not.
You can learn about Fix your Windows PC problems by resetting winsock reset here.
If these fixes can’t resolve your problem, then as the last option, you can reinstall windows 10 operating system on your computer. We hope, one of the above solutions worked for you in solving wsappx disk 100 cpu usage and you no longer have the problem. If you have any questions, feel free to comment below.